Teacher: Mr. Stewart
Room Number: 2123
Conference Period: 3rd Period. (by appointment)
Welcome back to a new school year! It is a pleasure having each of you in my class. I am looking forward to making this year a very rewarding learning experience for you. In PreAP Geometry, the willingness to work and think is necessary to be successful. See me ASAP with any problems or concerns. Please come with a positive attitude and ready to work. I will help you as much as I can, but, in the end, it is up to you to be successful.
- Teacher District Website: http://www.pearlandisd.org/Domain/2937
- Canvas Website: https://pearland.instructure.com
- Textbook: Students will have access to the Geometry textbook online as a resource and assignments.
Links will be provided on the above websites
- There are many resources available on the internet for students and parents to help students that are struggling. Some websites that that I have been told were helpful are khanacademy.com, purplemath.com, agebasics.com, brightstorm.com, patrickjmt.com, and google.com.
Supplies for class
I have a class set of scientific calculators that students will be able to use in class.
Grading (see pages 24-25 in Parent/Student Handbook)
- No credit will be given for writing just the answer on homework, quizzes and tests (ie. you must
show your work).
- Homework will be assigned most days and is to be completed before the beginning of the next class.
- The top of every homework assignment must contain your name or you will not receive credit.
- All grades will be posted online on Skyward and can be accessed by all students and parents via the district and school websites. There is also a skyward app for your phone
- There are two categories for grades:
Daily* (homework, quizzes, and in class assignments) 40%
- Respect for the teacher, other students, and school property is NOT negotiable.
- I will confiscate and throw away all food and non-water drinks brought into my classroom.
- Students not in compliance of the dress code (whether on line or in person) or failure to wear YOUR school issued I.D. while on campus will result in disciplinary action. (page 16 and 45-47)
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.