Welcome to PreAP Chemistry! This is a rigorous academic course designed to prepare students for AP Chemistry and for college.
This document shows the topics we will cover this year in each term: DHS Chemistry Syllabus for Canvas.docx
- Students must be able to access and submit assignments via Canvas
- Lab makeups/test makeups: please have your student talk to me about the best time to make up missing work. I am available before/after school for any questions!
- Tutorials: Eagle Hour (B) T/F, also before school most days and during my duty time in the hallway
- Conference times: 4th period or 5th period
- Grading Percentages: 60% Major grades (exams, quizzes, and projects)
10% Daily work and homework
- Homework is not accepted late; students have 5 free “homework passes” per semester
- Labs are penalized 10% each day they are late
- Cheating will result in a ZERO on the assignment, lab, or test; detention being assigned; and parents being contacted. Cheating may result in being ineligible for honor societies. Cheating includes having/using a cell phone during exams.
From last year, here is a 1-min video about ME:
Here is a quick virtual tour of my classroom:
Feel free to email me any time with questions or concerns! firstname.lastname@example.org
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.